- Automatically identify part type (eg, Transistor, JFET, IGBT, Regulator, Zener, Diodes, etc).
- Automatically identify pinout (connect any way round).
- Measure lots of component data.
- Perform further detailed component analysis with the PC software included on the Peak USB flash drive (suitable for XP to Win10).
- Complete with premium gold plated hook probes.
- Online upgradeable.
- Single alkaline AAA battery included (not used when connected by USB).
- 24 month warranty as standard.
The DCA Pro is an advanced new design that features a graphics display, USB communications, PC Software and an enhanced component identification library.
The DCA Pro supports all the components that the popular Peak Atlas DCA55 supports, but adds plenty more.
Components supported and stand-alone measurements include:
- Transistors (BJTs including Darlingtons and "digital" transistors), Silicon and Germanium types. Measures gain, VBE , collector leakage and collector saturation voltage. Unijunction transistors (UJTs) are not currently supported.
- MOSFETs, enhancement mode and depletion mode types. Measure on-threshold (at ID=5mA), approx transconductance (for span of 3mA-5mA) and RDS(on) to a resolution of 1Ω.
- JFETs, including normally off SiC types. Measures pinch-off voltage (at ID=5μA), approx transconductance (for span of 3mA-5mA) and RDS(on) to a resolution of 1Ω.
- IGBTs (insulated gate bipolar transistors). Measures on-threshold (at IC=5mA), approx transconductance (for span of 3mA-5mA) and collector saturation voltage.
- Diodes and Diode networks. Measures forward voltage drop at 5mA.
- LEDs and bicolour LEDs (2 lead and 3 lead types). Measures forward voltage drop of each LED element at 5mA.
- Zener Diodes with measurement of zener voltage up to 9V at 5mA.
- Voltage regulators (measures regulation voltage <8V, drop-out voltage, quiescent current). Note that some regulators are not stable without their decoupling caps and/or minimum load and cannot be tested by the DCA75.
- Triacs and Thyristors that require less than 10mA of gate current and holding current.
Stand-alone or with a PC
The instrument can be used stand-alone or connected to a PC. Either way, the DCA Pro will automatically identify the component type, identify the pinout and also measure a range of component parameters such as transistor gain, leakage, MOSFET and IGBT threshold voltages, pn characteristics and much more.
When connected to a PC using the supplied USB cable, a range of low current curve-tracing functions can be performed. Various graph types are available, with more to follow:
- Bipolar transistor output characteristics, IC vs VCE.
- Bipolar transistor gain characteristics, hFE vs VCE.
- Bipolar transistor gain characteristics, hFE vs IC.
- MOSFET and IGBT output function, ID vs VDS.
- MOSFET and IGBT transfer function, ID vs VGS.
- JFET output function, ID vs VDS.
- JFET transfer function, ID vs VGS.
- Voltage regulator, VOUT vs VIN.
- Voltage regulator, IQ vs VIN.
- PN junction I/V curves, forward and reverse options (for Zener diodes).
Curve tracing is performed using test parameters in the range of +/-12V, +/-12mA. All curve-tracing data can be instantly pasted into Excel© for further graphing and analysis. PC Software is included with the DCA Pro on a Peak USB memory stick. Software designed for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10.
- DCA Pro instrument.
- AAA Alkaline Battery.
- Micro USB cable (approx 1m).
- PC Software on USB Flash Drive (500MB capacity).
- Premium gold plated hook probes.
- Comprehensive printed user guide.
Atlas DCA Pro - Advanced Semiconductor Analyser with Curve Tracing - Model DCA75
- Brand: PEAK
- Product Code: DCA75
- Availability: In Stock