The Atlas DCA will then present you with detailed component information in concise, easy to read, scrollable pages. The displayed information will include: the component type, special component features, component pinout, and measured parameters (such as gain, leakage current, gate threshold voltages, volt drops etc...). No more searching through data books and catalogues in order to identify components and pinouts.
Examples of screenshots for just a few components
- Connect your component any way round.
- Automatic part type identification (not the part number).
- Automatic full pinout identification (only gate of JFETs is identified).
- Important parameter measurements including:
- Current gain measurement (hFE) of BJTs.
- Base-Emitter voltage drops (Vbe) of BJTs.
- Leakage current of BJTs.
- Gate threshold (Vgs) of Enhancement mode MOSFETs.
- Voltage drops (Vf) of PN junctions, diodes, LEDs etc.
- Distinguishes between germanium and silicon BJTs.
- Long battery life (alkaline battery included).
- Includes high quality gold plated hook probes.
- Includes detailed illustrated user guide.
- 24 month warranty.
- NPN/PNP Transistors (BJTs) and Darlingtons.
- Digital transistors.
- Enhancement mode MOSFETs.
- Depletion mode MOSFETs (Vgs not measured).
- JFETs (only gate identified).
- Sensitive triacs and thyristors (<5mA trig and hold).
- Diode networks.
- Bi-Colour LEDs (2 and 3 lead types).
There is no on/off switch, power is automatically turned on at the start of an analysis and then automatically turned off if inactive for more than 60 seconds. Each page of displayed information is presented in manageable amounts, with each page being displayed when you want it. If you want to concentrate on the "pinout" page then just select that page, you don't have to see information that you don't need.
The Atlas DCA Package
The Peak Atlas DCA is supplied complete with a long life battery, universal test probes and a comprehensive illustrated user guide. Furthermore, free and unlimited technical support and advice is available to all users by telephone, fax, email or our web site.
|Peak test current into S/C||-5.5mA||5.5mA||1|
|Peak test voltage across O/C||-5.1V||5.1V||1|
|Measurable transistor gain range (hFE)||4||20,000||2|
|Transistor gain accuracy (for hFE<1000)||-3%-5 hFE||+3%+5 hFE||2,9|
|Transistor VBE accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%+20mV||9|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification||0.9V||3|
|VBE threshold for Darlington identification (shunted)||0.8V||4|
|Acceptable transistor VBE||1.8V|
|Base-emitter shunt resistance threshold||60k|
|Transistor collector-emitter test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|Acceptable transistor collector leakage||1.0mA||6|
|MOSFET gate threshold range||0.1V||5.0V||5|
|MOSFET gate threshold accuracy||-2%-20mV||+2%-20mV||5|
|MOSFET drain-source test current||2.45mA||2.50mA||2.55mA|
|MOSFET minimum acceptable gate resistance||8k|
|Thyristor/Triac gate test current||4.5mA||7|
|Thyristor/Triac load test current||5mA|
|Diode test current||5mA|
|Diode forward voltage accuracy||-2%-2mV||+2%+2mV|
|VF threshold for LED||1.50V|
|Short circuit detection threshold||10 ohms|
|Battery type||GP23A 12V Alkaline|
|Battery voltage range||7.50V||12V|
|Battery voltage warning threshold||8.25V|
|Inactivity power-down period||60 secs|
|Dimensions (excluding test leads)||103 x 70 x 20 mm|
|4.1" x 2.8" x 0.8"|
|Operating temperature range||0°C||50°C||8|
- Between any pair of test clips.
- Collector current of 2.50mA.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter > 60k.
- Resistance across reverse biased base-emitter < 60k.
- Drain-source current of 2.50mA.
- Collector-Emitter voltage of 5V.
- Thyristor quadrant 1, Triac quadrants I and III.
- Subject to acceptable LCD visibility.
- BJT with no shunt resistors.
Atlas DCA - Semiconductor Component Analyser Model DCA55
- Brand: PEAK
- Product Code: DCA55
- Availability: In Stock